Twitter

Monday, October 15, 2018

A Story Without Words

I really like this photograph.

It tells a story without words. These baboons were part of a large troop in Tanzania that also included a white (not albino) male baboon. We watched the animals for quite a while during a morning game drive. There were several babies that entertained us with their play, chasing each other and running around.

I'm not a big fan of baboons, but this image captured my attention. I don't know the relationship between the two animals in the picture. They might be siblings, or perhaps they are mother and baby.

Whatever the relationship, the baby is looking up at the older animal as if to "I love you." I think the fact that I can't see the face of the other animal tells a more poignant story, as it is left to the viewer's imagination to determine what the interaction represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment